Friday, November 6, 2009

Today's Appointment/Hospital Visitation Rules

Well let's start off with how the appointment went today:
My blood pressure and Addison's heart rate were perfect! I have been having some swelling in my hands and forearms since about Wednesday, but they assured me it was normal and nothing to worry about. I didn't get an internal exam today as I thought I would, because they already have me scheduled to be induced they didn't think it was necessary. So pretty much we are looking good, again just waiting for her to get here..Unless she decides to come on her own over the weekend, which to me seems highly unlikely. She is perfectly content right where she is.
Now on to the bad/disappointing news:
We found out that Harrisburg Hospital has changed their visitation policy due to the 'flu epidemic' that is going around. Pretty much they are on total lock-down. At first the doctor's office told us that for labor/delivery I would be allowed just my labor partner (Jason), instead of previously being allowed up to 3 people in the room and those people could switch off with anyone else at any time to allow for more visitors..Now it's just Jason allowed. The doctor's office thought that once I got to the postpartum floor (where I go right after I have the baby, and for the duration of my stay) that the labor partner (Jason) and the baby's grandparents would be allowed, but that is it. Well once I got home from our appointment, I checked the hospital's website, and then I called them to confirm, NO visitors are allowed on the maternity floors except for the labor partner (Jason). They said that what they have been doing is having the dad's take photos and they can bring them down to the main hospital lobby for 'visitors' to see. I know this is really disappointing, it is for us too, but we don't really have a choice or a say in the matter.
Here is a link to the hospital visitor policy if you want to review it. If you have any questions just let us know..And for those of you on the list to be called, I still plan on calling everyone when we know what's going on, and labor is starting, and all of that good fun stuff..It's just that you won't be able to come to the hospital!
Of course we will love visitors once we get home, but I honestly would prefer a call ahead policy just so that I don't have 50 people at one time..I might have an anxiety attack! Will keep you all posted with any new developments!
http://www.pinnaclehealth.org/news/update-visit-policy/

No comments:

Post a Comment