Tuesday, October 20, 2009

T Minus 15 Days!

Well we just had a doctor's appointment today. The baby and I are both doing well. Her heart rate has been consistent, my blood pressure was good. I'm measuring right along..It's really just a matter of time now!
We did find out today that I tested positive for Group B Strep. Basically all that means is that when I do start to go into labor, I will need to make sure to get to the hospital a little earlier than I may have normally, as I will need to go on 2 rounds of antibiotics (approx 4 hours total) before delivery, to make sure that Addi doesn't contract the GBS (Group B Strep). Approximately 30% of healthy, adult women are carriers of this, and most of the time there are no signs, symptoms, complications etc. It is just something to be cautious about during labor and delivery to prevent giving it to your child. But the doctors really didn't seem to be too concerned about this, it is some-what normal, so we are not too concerned about it at this time.
This past weekend, we installed the car seat base into my car. I scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday to have it officially checked by a safety inspector at a local car dealership. It didn't seem that hard once I was all done with it, but the instruction manual was a mess! Hopefully it's installed correctly, and let's also hope that Addi doesn't come before then!
I am planning on setting up her pack-n-play, and her swing, in the living room this evening. Jason is going to go out and enjoy what will probably be his last night of fishing, for the season. Let's hope he ends it on a good note, and catches a state record!
Oh and for those of you who are wondering, or have asked me a dozen times...My hospital bag is now approximately 1/2 packed..I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment